Making your own sausage patties from scratch literally takes so little time you could have it ready for breakfast. This amazing homemade sausage recipe is so versatile. You can simplify it further and make a ground sausage for use in softshell tortilla wraps or partner it with curry fried rice. Maybe add it to a hearty soup or a topping for pizza!
Make your own homemade sausage patties from scratch to go! They’re even excellent cold in a sandwich! No soy, no gluten and no preservatives!
I’ve been trying to find a combination of herbs and spices that give that ‘oh yes, this is goood sausage’ flavor without making it to hot and spicy. I also didn’t want a strong Italian flavor for this.
Finally – one day – the herb’s and spice’s for these homemade sausages came together and (violins and harps harmoniously playing), a song was born. (or something like that)
Here is a quick list of helpful hints to make these the best homemade sausage patties ( or ground sausage) you can create!
- Make this through the first time as is – unless you are familiar with what herbs can do, then you can increase the ‘power’ of the herbs and spices if you want a stronger flavored sausage.
- I mix chicken and pork, as I am not a big pork fan. You can do any combination you prefer, or keep it all pork. I recommend finding the best quality meats available. What you make will be so much better and healthier than anything you can buy.
- Mix your raw ground meats, add your seasonings, and if you have time ~ refrigerate. This allows the herbs and spices to dispense their amazingly powerful flavoring as well as nutrients.
- You can refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight. I confess that I have made these and cooked them up right away as ground sausage. They were still delicious.
- You can make the patties ahead of time and freeze them! So darn easy! You may not want store-bought ever again.
- Pan-fry with sauteed onions and green peppers!
Looking for an Italian sausage recipe? Check out this one from the food network.
Also, if you need a summer fresh dessert for your get-together, this one takes the cake!
It’s a recipe for gluten-free Strawberry Shortcake from my own ourglutenfreehub website!
Sausage Patties Made From Scratch
- 2 lbs raw ground meat turkey, chicken, or pork
- 2 tsp each of ground sage and thyme
- 1 tsp ground rosemary not whole rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp sweetener maple syrup, coconut sugar, etc.
- 1/2 tsp healthy sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1/3 tsp ground black pepper or more to taste
- Mix your ground meat.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients. Easy!?
- Mix very well. Now you make into patties and cook. Make into patties and freeze, or use as ground sausage. Best is to refrigerate the mixture at least an hour before pan-frying.
- Heat your pan with a tad of butter or oil. (Medium heat) Pan-fry patties as you like. Brown on each side and you're ready to enjoy!