I would not have thought it possible. A gluten-free taco seasoning recipe. A harmonious blend of the perfect spices and seasonings that will make you’re burrito/taco heart sing.
I haven’t had a really good burrito in years because of how hard it is to find a healthy blend that is gluten-free as well as chemical-free.
5 minutes to make. No kidding. I can’t believe I didn’t do this a long time ago. . .
Now – in my cupboard, I will have an endless supply of Mexican seasonings – homemade. No preservative. No chemicals. No fillers. No gluten!
And . . . if you buy organic seasonings it’s all the better!
What can you do with a taco seasoning beside tacos? Glad you asked.
If you like Mexican seasoning – get ready. Life is about to change.
Maybe you have been having problems sleeping at night – this will make you happy. Instead of counting sheep, count all the dishes you can make with a good gluten-free taco seasoning recipe!
Soups, burgers, BBQ ribs, casseroles, beans, butter drizzled over fresh steamed veggies, roasted chicken rub. And for snacks – popcorn, party mixes, seasoned grated cheese, roasted nuts, dips, and sauces.
I even heard a rumor of Mexican seasoned ice cream . . . but I’m sure that was just a rumor.
Be creative. Make a special gluten-free seasoning with your own tweaks and twists. It’s very satisfying to look into your pantry and find something you have made yourself.
- First – use what you have for spices. But when you replace them, treat yourself and your family to organic.
- My family likes mild seasonings. I can’t get away with spicy. So, if you like your food with a bite, simply add red pepper flakes or more ground red pepper.
- You can also add a jalapeno to your dish. That will spice it up real nice.
- Salt is to taste. We don’t want to add too much to our diet. You certainly can add more.
- These seasonings will keep for months. Make extra and you will always have some on hand – even for ice cream!
Looking for some awesome salads to inspire you to eat a greener diet? Check out this post.
Here’s a link to an awesome Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna. Wow!
Gluten-Free Taco/Mexican Seasoning Recipe
- 1 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp roasted red pepper - ground
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp healthy real salt to taste
- 3/4 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp non-gmo gluten-free corn starch easily replaced with arrowroot powder
- Measure and mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Store in a small jar with a cover in a cool, dark cupboard for longevity. Keeps months.